Comments

Support Us & Leave Your Comments Below

62 Comments

1. hellp Pauline
    It was nice to speak to you recently , i wanted to say how wonderful the service has always been from Deep and your staff and we rodney and i will be booking to come in again soon !! as well as booking yourselves for our new years eve function look forward to seeing you soon
    Pauline
    Curio Bridal and Florist

2. janine says:

We had a great first Caribbean meal with last week.
    Excellent food and very friendly and helpful service.
    It was worth the 2 hour journey!

3. Anthony says:

The Service was first Class. The Food was excellant, I am a Vegetarian and im not easy to please. Hats off to the Chef. Thank you

4. Darren says:

Great Food, Great Service

5. trina poleon says:

Pauline and her staff catered for our recent wedding and were excellent from start to finish. Dave and I wanted good food and plenty of it, and this is excactly what we got with Pauline. We would thoroughly recommend The Deep, either to eat in , take away or cater for any special event. Thank you Pauline.

6. Rowena Murphy says:

The Deep provided the catering for my mum Trina’s wedding and the food and service were absolutely first class.
    I was concerned that my sensitive, English palette wouldn’t tolerate the heat and spice of Caribbean food but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I could eat everything without my eyes watering! The succulent flavours of each dish (I made sure I had a bit of everything) were just heavenly and I don’t think there was a guest in the room who didn’t go back for seconds, despite the generous portion sizes.
    With three desserts to choose from, we were spoilt for choice. After much debate with my fellow bridesmaid, we opted for the apple crumble and icecream, which was delicious. Again, a big enough portion to fill the sweet-void in our tummies but light enough to follow such a generously sized main course. The mother of the bride chose the rum and raisin icecream and she said she’s never tasted it so good!
    The service and organisation of the caterers was first class; our plates were collected very quickly and desserts served with perfect efficiency. All of the staff were very friendly, happy to help and served everything with a smile.
    I would absolutely recommend The Deep’s catering for any event or even for just a takeaway on a quiet night in!

7. Siobhan Murphy says:

I’d like to echo my sister’s comments (above). The food was fantastic – gorgeous flavours and really generous portions! The jerk chicken was my favourite – as mentioned, we were served as we were on the top table and so we got to try everything on one plate – it was all fantastic. I ate so much I was full…but I have a separate stomach for puddings so it was no problem tucking into apple crumble!

I was really impressed by all the staff and how efficiently they kept the service moving. With 200 people to feed it was no small feat but everyone was served in good time and the plates were cleared quickly when finished.

Thank you Pauline for such a fab service!

8. Liesje Dusauzay says:

I was the wedding coordinator for Trina Poleon’s wedding and I also happen to be the sister of the groom. and I have to echo what my nieces, Siobhan Murphy and Rowena Murphy and also what my sister in law Trina Poleon has said. Pauline, her wonderful fiance Derek and her staff were exceptional in every single way!!!! I am an event organiser and I can tell you I have done a lot of weddings and I have worked with a lots of different people. and I can tell you Pauline and her staff are the best caterers and the best people I have had the pleasure to work with!!! They were professional from the very first phone call… and it was like working with a friend that I have known for years. Nothing was too much for me or my family…E.g. My son has autism and he also eats certain foods. I called pauline and ask her if there was anyway she could cook some salmon separately from him and my 2 year old daughter. Pauline didn’t even hesistate.. She said ‘of course!!’ … and cooked a tray full for them. Also as a coordinator on the day I was rushing around trying to make everything as perfect as possible. and I rushed around so much and her food was so tasty that wasnt any left for me!! But little did I know that Derek, (Pauline’s wonderful fiance) had put some food to one side for me… I couldn’t believe that he took the time out to do that for me!… I am reccomending The Deep to as many people as possible.. Because they are simply truly the best EVER!!!! And they are the only people I will ever recommend if i am doing an event or if anyone elseis doing an event!.. Thank you Pauline and Derek… Love you both like YOUR cooked food!!! xx

9. Sharon Anderson says:

Hi there, just want too say a HUGE thank you to Pauline and everyone at the Deep! All I can say is WOW! The food was amazing, the alcohol was definatley ‘See you again!’ and last, but by no means least, the service was beyond anything we have ever experienced. Friendly, warm and very very welcoming. The whole restaurant is beautifuly presented and I could just eat and eat and eat. My guests were equally pleased, they enjoyed the whole experience too, they even ate things that previously they had not liked! Thats how good your food is. I am absolutely stuffed but could still have eaten more, just because I wanted too keep tasting the food. The atmosphere you all create with the music and the whole ambiance is second to none. You just try stopping us from coming back. We shall most definatley be regulars and shall bring our children to. Its totaly worth the drive from Coventry. Please give our regards to the chef and the drinkmeister. Those rum punches can become addictive. Also, one last thing, for anyone reading this, I am a wheelchair user and the staff were very accomodating and did their very best to help me feel comfortable. Well, we shall see you all again soon. Thanks again.
    Kindest regards
    Sharon

10. Shirley Finch says:

Dear all at Deep,
    My daughter won a competition on Newstyle Radio in conjunction with Bex Live and decided to pass it on to ourselves (her parents) as a Valentine gift. Well what can i say! Firstly the convenience of being able to park outside was the beginning to a most wonderful evening for my husband and i.

On entering the restaurant we were greeted with a handshake and a genuine warm welcoming smile. We were shown to our table by a most courteous waiter who took our order for drinks while we scanned the menu. The tropical juice i had was definitely not something out of a box but you could tell it was Deeps own mixture as all the flavors were so well combined. Our order for starters was quickly taken and brought to our table after only a very short wait. It was the best tasting starter i have had in a very long time especially as i am not really one for a lot of pepper the jerk chicken pieces were perfect and the dumplings just right.

The main course of curry mutton i can honestly say with hands on my heart is THE BEST i have ever had. The presentation was very good, the meat was flavoured to perfection and it just melted off the bone in my mouth. The rice was just right and the vegetable very tasty.

We had desert of rum cake with rum and raisin ice cream which rounded off the meal just right. I contemplated having a coffee afterwards but decided not to as i just wanted to keep those tantalizing tastes of that DEEP experience.

Before leaving the restaurant we were presented with 2 red roses each in it’s own phial of water.

The decor the ambiance, the service and most important the food is indeed a very DEEP experience which has to be tried and once tried you will find you are hooked and no other restaurant can equal.

Thank you DEEP and all your staff for making us feel so special and giving us the best valentine ever. We are celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary in June 2013 so you know where we will be dining out.

Love and respect
    Mr. & Mrs. Finch

Mr. & Mrs Finch

11. Michelle says:

I have to say The Deep Experience is home away from home! The food reminds you of your mums cooking! I went with my partner who is the most fussiest eater on the planet! Thanks to Pauline I had the pleasure of watching him actually get excited over the food that was served on his plate! He had the valentine special chicken breast which was on Fridays menu, Pauline was kind enough to make it for him! The taste was simply devine! I had the buffet, every dish I had was again amazing! It’s great going to carribean restaurant where the chef can actually bring the flavours of your mums cooking to you! Shhhh don’t tell my mum but Pauline bets her cooking hands down! The friendliness, the service “aiming to please”, taking time to interact with your customers truly makes The Deep Experiece one of a kind. I would say it’s the best carribean restuaurant I’ve been too! I asked Pauline if she does cooking classes, seriously if you start doing this I would be very interested in attending! Thank very much very a lovely night! We will definitely be back soon!

12. Wrighty says:

Excellent, it was the 4th July, and my wife is American, so i thought lets go out and try something different, which had to suit my wife who is vegetarian and my 10 year old who is a fussy eater.
    So i decided on Caribbean food. So to goggle it was. After looking at a few places the DEEP website stood out with one other, but the choosing factor was the no-nonsense of the site just the facts. So i rang to make a reservation and my call was answer very politely and no hassle.
    On arrival was greeted very warmly and almost like old friends, and i love the fact my 10 year was greeted really well.
    First impression was how clean and fresh the place looked.
    We was given a choice of where to sit and not told where which i dislike.
    It was help yourself buffet night so we when and collected our food.
    It smelt nice and wow it looked nice and was enough to chose from. The food tasted very nice and fresh you could tell it was all freshly cooked and not reheated.
    The whole experience was amazing and i could not find anything to complain about, and to top it off when the bill came if was all reasonably price.
    Thank you for a very pleasant meal you will be sure to see me again and i would recommend The DEEP to anyone it is the best restaurant meal i have had in a long time and i eat out at least twice a week so i can be hard to please.
    EXCELLENT…………………………………..!

13. Humairah says:

This place was just absolutely fantastic. The service the food was incredible. We will most definitely be coming back. Derrick was a delightful host and the music really captured the mood! We absolutely loved it! Well done guys!

14. winsome says:

Celebrated my mothers 80th birthday on Saturday and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was very nice and tasty.
    The service was very good and what a lovely atmosphere, we were well looked after all night.
    So thank you again Pauline, and your team for a very good evening.

Would definitely recommend.

15. PD says:

The best Caribbean food I have ever had in the UK! The cabbage reminded me of my mothers cabbage from back home in Jamaica and the rest of the food left me wanting for more! (Which I never do, even with my own cooking) The fish was my favourite!! And Pauline and staff were more than accommodating and the perfect hosts! All that was needed was the lovely Jamaican sunshine! I will definitely be back for more food and dancing. I give the deep Caribbean experience five stars!!
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

16. Del says:

My husband an I ate here for our wedding anniversary before going to a concert at the O2. Great choice. The food was fantastic. Definitely one of the best caribbean restaurants we have eaten at, and we have tried a few. Authentic food and hosted by Derek who was very accommodating. The only problem I had was with the dessert menu as I couldn’t decide which to have as all the choices sounded lovely. We will definitely come here again on our next visit to Birmingham. Can’t wait.

17. Tony G says:

Defo is good speed of service better than some. Food is good with some nice flavours. Had buffet. Thanks

18. Pritrica W says:

We used Deep Caribbean to cater for a 50th birthday party. Very professional service, amazing food and great value for money. Would definitely use again and recommend to others.

19. Joe G says:

Friendly service you have to tip its that good. Authentic food well cooked very tasty. Drinks reasonably priced. We have visited a number of times and never once been dissapointed. Give it a try i am sure you will be delighted.

20. Althea K says:

I rated everything as a 5, what more can i say, i’ve been there 5 times now, and couldn’t say a bad thing about that particular restaurant, theres 10 to 12 dishes available in the buffet, most people might think its not enough dishes for a buffet, but i found it extremely beautiful, i would recommend you try the fish, jerk chicken & mutton, i had big smiles on my face for every bite, the rest of the dishes were nice aswell. The people who owns the place are very nice mannered people, they shake your hand to make u feel comfortable, they introduce themselves, & they shake yr hand again as u leave the restaurant, what more can you ask for heres a few pictures that was taken on the night. Whoever goes you won’t be disappointed, trust me its amazing lol

21. danglemoongroup says:

Went on a weekend evening. There was a private party taking up most of the restaurant which gave it a really good atmosphere. What little service that is required with a buffet was good and efficient, however the restocking of the buffet wasn’t quite so good. Likewise the quality of the food was ok, but not the best Caribbean food I’ve had. I would support some of the excellent reviews that they’ve received….on a different night there would be potential there.

22. CR2525411 says:

We went of the buffet and was really happy ,jerk chicken is scrumptious I have made it myself but never quite the same! Staff were all really friendly also drinks etc reasonably price Certainly would go again

23. Jrasher says:

We visited on recommendation and were not disappointed. Very clean bit it was sad that we were the only customers on a Saturday evening. The buffet was varied and very nice. Good value for money we will visit again.

24. Kwabena O says:

Deep’s interior is warm and welcoming as are the staff. Although the buffet choice was not vast, what there was was of a good standard and plenty for our party. For example, the stew peas, calaloo are simple dishes that you can get easily wrong; not the case here. I think the buffet offers very good value for Caribbean food, especially on a Wednesday night where it is priced at only £9.99.

I recently visited (late July 2013) with a group of former work colleagues from a Caribbean background and they too shared my sentiments, although would like to see more variety on offer at the buffet.

25. Angimel says:

My family and I went to Deep for my brother’s birthday. The restaurant looks nice and the welcome was great. There is a TV playing a selection of old school music video’s which was great. We had the buffet at a cost of £15.99 each. I personally think this is a little expensive, compared to other buffets where you would get a selection of starters and desserts. The food was mostly good but some of us thought that the flavour of the two chicken dishes and the fish were the same…, BBQ flavour. The fish was over powered by this flavour. I did love the veg, ‘hard food’ and rices were great. Although we were offered drinks at the beginning, and there is a bar; I think it would be good to keep offering drinks. Other restaurants do and I think you would sell more.

We were with a large party and wanted to leave earlier than the rest as we had our father with us, who is 80 years old. We were told that we could not pay for our meals as it would be problematic. There should be a system to allow people to pay mire quickly on large group bookings. I do think this restaurant has potential but must improve in some areas. Would still give them another shot. Oh yes, the mutton was good.

26. wadscookin75 says:

I’ve visited Deep many times over the past few years with either friends or family. Its a bit of an effort to travel from Rugby but is worth it every time. I absolutely adore the food. It is without question my favourite place to eat. The dumplings are to die for, I actually crave them! Everything else on the menu is also prepared to an extremely high standard. I could eat there every day. I MUST recommend you try the sexy juice, totally amazing and even better if u pour some into some Malibu or overproof rum. The staff are always friendly and helpful. If you’ve never tried West Indian food before then this is the best place to start.

27. Christina O says:

My friend was looking for somewhere to go for a birthday meal with family and friends and I suggested another caribbean buffet in Birmingham but remembered that the last time I went there the service had not been very good, so after browsing online we decided to try deep caribbean experience instead. Having only called a few hours prior we was delighted that we were able to reserve a table for our group and the person on the phone had been very pleasant. When we arrived we were shown to our table and greeted by Derek who was very friendly and welcoming, explaining the options to us and providing drinks menus while we thought about our meal. We chose the buffet option and was very pleased with the selection available, favourites being the curry goat, hard food, and the oxtail – which ran out but the cook generously bought out a separate portion for one of our party upon request. Overall we really enjoyed our time, great food, impeccable service and a lovely atmosphere provided by the soul/Motown music dvd playing in the background. Will definitely visit again

28. Jessicaaasutor says:

Love the buffet on a Wednesdays worth the value of money considering I pay 8 pound for mutton rice peas from the shop

29. ian c says:

It’s been such a relief to walk into a Caribbean restaurant and see such open, colourful place. Service is excellent with a friendly smile. I will be back. The food took me back to jamaica. Love it. Thank you for your service.

30. CherylE186402 says:

Lovely evening at Caribbean experience.
    Very small but homely restaurant. Food is tasty, mild enough for all taste buds. We had the hot buffet but there is a set menu.

I enjoyed steamed fish, jerk chicken, stew chicken, curry goat, dumplings and fritters.

Drinks are reasonably priced. Chef/part owner will come out of the kitchen to speak to guests.

Very nice experience, will visit again

31. Dee T says:

Last weekend I was visiting Birmingham to attend The Jamaican Diaspora Conference at the Centennial Centre. I stayed at a nearby hotel.

On Saturday I asked Siri to find me a carribean restaurant and the one it found was closed down. Anyway the next on the list was Deep Carribean but when I called at minutes to 9pm I was told that the kitchen closes at 9pm!

I was disappointed but attended anyway and was prepared to have a takeaway experience. At the same time the Jamaican minister of foreign affairs arrived and was seated. Thank God for his arrival because wem were also able to be seated.

We enjoyed an excellent buffet of some lovely Jamaican dishes. The service was excellent and if I happen to be in that part of the world again I shall definitely visit again.

32. integrity33 says:

Just come back from this restaurant. Decided to go there at the last minute as a birthday treat, nearly went to a different one BUT so glad we chose to come here instead. The gentleman who greeted us was extremely warm and friendly. The chef came to tell us that if we wanted the buffet, it wasn’t quite ready then proceeded to provide us with some fried dumplings to keep us going whilst we waited. Again she was extremely warm and friendly.

When the buffet food arrived I put a bit of just about everything on my plate and we both thought the food was lovely…I ate till I was in pain….lol. Then just as we thought it couldn’t get any better the chef came out with a piece of rum cake and candle to the throngs of happy birthday. LOVELY SURPRISE AND GESTURE which was appreciated.

I’ve read some of the more negative reviews, I can’t comment on the portions from the menu but as for the buffet and the staff we couldn’t fault them. The place was bright clean and attractively set out. We will definitely be returning.

We’ll done and thank you both for a wonderful evening.

33. HowieMc says:

Found the restaurant whilst stopping in Birmingham on business. Fancied some Caribbean food and after a quick search on google came up with Deep Caribbean Experience. Wasn’t sure what to expect but was not disappointed. Venue was small but inviting. Music was authentic and got me bobbing whilst I waited for my order. The greeting was warm and enthusiastic. Food was delicious. I had the brown stewed chicken with plantain and homemade coleslaw. Delicious. Great portion and well cooked. Without a doubt tasted of good home cooking. First visit but would certainly come back again. Oh yeah had the deep chocolate cake for dessert… Yum yum.. Still full 2 hours later.

34. Bethany J says:

I purchased a group on voucher and went with the boy to try it. Good value for money. From the outset we were made to feel welcome and the staff were extremely pleasant. The food itself was authentic and not stodgy like other Caribbean food I tried. We got a large main and a glass of wine for a very cheap price. It was a bit quiet but we did go mid week quite early. Otherwise a pleasant place which I would recommend.

35. Carmchanbrahar says:

Me and my partner went to this restaurant after it had been recommended by many different people. The staff were all extremely friendly and service was good. We came as they were about to close the buffet, so there was not much of each dish left, but still enough to leave with a full belly. My only negatives are that the buffet did not have as much selection as I thought it would and also one of the dishes was a bit salty! Apart from that a good meal.

36. Sunflower0169 says:

Really friendly people. Lovely intimate restaurant. Food scrummy. Dessert menu soooooo appetising but stuffed. Ginger rum punch fab.

37. Wildjonno1 says:

Was welcomed into the restaurant as if I was entering their home, very genuine and polite staff. Was promptly shown to our table and offered some drinks. Browsed the menu, not quite the choice as the website had shown but I prefer a shorter menu choice anyway. Had the starter of Ackee and Saltfish. Nice dish, small portion but is a starter, dumpling was quite tough. Main was Jerk Chicken, which was very nice, perhaps not as hot as I’d like but that’s personal preference. Tasted complex in flavour and well balanced with the sides. Had the Ginger Pudding for dessert, again a bit tough but tasted ok. Overall a lovely restaurant, however with a bit more focus on the food portions and freshness, this would really push them into a different league.

38. collete d says:

Came on a groupon deal. Waiter introduced himself and very friendly. Starter very tasty. Brown stewed chicken main lovely. My only small criticism would be that the restaurant wasn’t very busy so lacked a little atmosphere, hopefully this isn’t the case over the weekend.

39. Marian R says:

f you enjoy Caribbean food then this is the place to visit.My partner & myself went to Deep Carobbean restaurant,on Bristol Street,B’ham last Thursday as I had. Groupon voucher.We found a parking space on a side street which was free. On entering we were welcomed by the waiter giving his name & shaking our hands.Our drinks order was taken straight…

40. gemmareeve says:

We arrived late after a show without a booking and everyone was very welcoming.The food was lovely which was surprising as it was buffet. All the staff we friendly and made us feel right at home. Its well worth a visit

41. Graham Fgemmareeve@live.co.uk says:

Just excellent really good food served by really great people and great value The veg dishes especially the yams were great

42. Katharine Y says:

First, a confession: I have never eaten Caribbean food before, and have no benchmark against which to compare this. All I can say is that this was real food, cooked with real ingredients and looked and tasted how I would expect food to taste at home if your mum (or aunt, or whoever) were a keen cook willing to spend hours preparing and marinading all manner of main courses and side dishes. There was no pretention.
    I went on a Wednesday and tried the all you can eat buffet, which for an uninitiated diner was a fantastic way of trying a little bit of everything. I don’t eat meat, so can’t speak for how that tasted, although it looked very good. I did try the fish and everything without meat.
    The names of the meals don’t necessarily sell themselves, for instance, brown stewed fish of the day, which I think I had as I’m sure that’s what it was labelled, and it was pieces of fish in a dry, spiced covering, and very good.
    The dumplings were great, and another time I’ll try them with the firey sauce, which I’m sure is considered an essential traditional accompaniment, but I enjoyed trying them in their natural, bland state as a contrast to all the other flavours.
    If you have never eaten Caribbean food before, just go and try it.
    The buffet is a briliant way to sample multiple dishes – but heed Mother’s warning and don’t overfill your plate, because wastage is frowned upon! The best price is on a Wednesday, when it definitely rates “cheap eats” on TripAdvisor’s scale, but I’ve listed it as mid-range because it depends on when you go and whether you choose the buffet or a la carte.

43. Janet S says:

First time at Deep. We booked it for my mum’s surprise birthday dinner. Well what can I say-what a warm welcome from Derek. Food was superb!! Our waiter Wayne was professional and helpful. To top it off the surprise birthday cake was delicious and accompanied by great music. We will definitely be back!!!

44. Bevcallaghan says:

A part from the price £35 for two meals with non alcoholic drinks this was an enjoyable experience. The buffet meant you could eat ’till yu belli full. There was a wide variety of well cooked authentic Caribbean cuisine. The waitress was pleasant and attentive. Will be visiting again on another occasion without a doubt

45. Brenda H says:

We attended a family celebration at this lovely Caribbean restaurant. The atmosphere was very relaxing the staff were very friendly and service was good. We had a 3 month old with us and that was not a problem, there was also other diners with a young baby as well so it is very family friendly.
    We all had the Buffet meal which was good and plentiful and you could have more food if you wanted. We will definitely go back again but this time we will try the A la carte menu which looked really good.
    All in all a very pleasant evening was had by everyone.

46. Bukenyabugo says:

Deep Caribbean Experience is delightful cosy, inviting, relaxed and a great atmosphere. The food, authentic and to a high standard. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

47. Bev J says:

This was a first experience for us, having a Caribbean meal. Everything was so tasty and explained carefully to us, including assuring us about our food allergies. The service was very personal, friendly and attentive, even when they had a very large party to cater for at the same time. Just in passing we mentioned it was our uncle’s birthday celebration and his (complimentary) dessert was then presented complete with candle and happy birthday playing on the music system – a lovely touch for an 86 year old gent!! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

48. Valrose B says:

I went in on the eat as much for £12.99 was worth it because it was such a good variety too choose from. The service was excellent and even though it was only two different party’s in due to the German market it was quiet. But the food was still grade one. I do recommend if you go on the weekend book

49. MeDuck says:

Five of us arrived at opening time without having booked, not a great idea with hindsight, but the staff were not fazed by this. They spotted quickly we were hungry and suggested the menu options that were most quickly available. We all had brown stew chicken, it was delicious. Atmosphere friendly and relaxed but still gives you space to enjoy your meal.

50. WolverhamptonDiva says:

What can I say? A brilliant evening at Deep Caribbean Experience. In Birmingham for our annual teacher conference. Pauline and Derek were extremely accommodating. The food and drinks were enjoyed by all. Super service too! Definitely recommend and definitely will go back!

51. Sandra S says:

The buffet was good. Not a vast range – but as expected and all items but all that I had ate were excellent. I especially loved the chicken wings. Derek was welcoming and entertaining conversationalist.

52. TRACY117 says:

We went on Saturday evening to celebrate my daughter’s 21st birthday. The buffet is not vast but the food is lovely. The staff are excellent, very friendly. It was as if you were going round to a friends to dine. Thank you , great atmosphere.

53. coffeelover958 says:

Great atmosphere. Treated kids as equals. Great food as always (visited previously). Staff always helpful.

54. Delhhhh says:

We ate here before going to a concert at the O2. Fantastic food. Definitely one of the best caribbean restaurants we have eaten at, and we have tried a few. Authentic food and hosted by Derek who was very accommodating. The only problem I had was with the dessert menu as I couldn’t decide which to have as all the choices were lovely. We will definitely go here again on our next visit to Birmingham. Can’t wait.

55. Honey B says:

We booked the deep Caribbean experience for private catering for a function in December.

I must say that this by far is one of the best Caribbean takeaways I have ever tasted. We ordered a mixture of main meals and desserts and my guests all commented on how nice the food was.

The choice available was fantastic and all served piping hot with fresh salad. The desserts included a variety of cakes and crumbles served with custard.

The staff were friendly and mindful of the fact we had just attended a funeral, so the fact they insisted on everyone bowing their heads to say grace before everyone tucked in was a really special touch to what was a very difficult day.

I would highly recommend the deep car bean experience and the only reason why it falls short of the full five star was because there was a lot of food left over and we weren’t given the option to take this home (after all it had been paid for) we would have liked to have enjoyed more of this once our event had finished.

56. Paulette H says:

Once a month my husband and I have date night. This month we attended the Deep restaurant.

We arrived but had not booked . when we went into the restaurant, the door was open but no customers were in.

The owner then told us that he was actually closed, but because we had come all the way to his venue he asked us to sit down. He told us that the chef was actually in the kitchen and he would get her to surprise us with a selection of dishes.

The meal was excellent, the service was first class. The owner was absolutely delightful. He recommended very authentic drinks to my husband. He engaged in conversation, and nothing was too much bother.
    We had a fantastic evening, and recommend the food and customer service to anyone looking for a nice evening out.

57. James S says:

The jerk chicken and the Mutton and rice are to die for. I would suggest the rice and peas over the white rice for the full Caribbean experience.

The place is clean and the ambiance is great the waiter was very polite and helpful plus you get huge portions.

I would definitely come here again. If you are feeling brave ask for the hot sauce. They also have all you can eat buffets during the week which is amazing.

58. MissLALondon says:

We had a fantastic time at Deep Caribbean. 11 of us attended for my step-son’s 19th birthday and we opted for the buffet which was small but had everything you’d expect from a West Indian restaurant. Food included jerk and curried chicken, salt fritters, fish, stew beans and dumplings, vegetables, salad, coleslaw, fried dumplings, hard food, rice and peas and curry goat. Very tasty, drinks menu was excellent too and we opted for a guiness punch jug for call the family to enjoy. Make sure you save some space for dessert. I’d recommend the coconut and mango cheese cake – sublime. Staff and owner went out of their was to make us feel welcome, personally introducing themselves. We had an impromptu Stevie Wonder ‘Happy Birthday’ sing song and candle blow out on my step sons’ dessert, an added extra courtesy of the restaurant. Could not fault it and can’t wait to return!

59. andym5592014 says:

The buffet food was cooked just to my liking and no waste. The host, Derek, was very welcoming and eager to please. Will definitely return here on my next visit to Brum.

60. Janice B says:

Popped in this Sunday, perhaps a little late in the day. But still we were welcomed, offered a table and completely accommodated for. I will always champion this restaurant, the hosts are charming and the food is Delicious .

61. t37rae says:

I have been to this place a good few times. I used to live in Birmingham so my family loved coming here for birthdays etc and I’ve always really enjoyed it here, so I decided to take my partner here for our anniversary – we travelled up from Manchester to come! The food is beautiful and the service from the staff is without fault. Everybody is so friendly and helpful and they are quick to ensure the food in the buffet is topped up. There is a chilled and welcoming atmosphere. This is the ONLY place I know that serves jamaican cuisine that tastes like my nan’s home cooking. Highly recommended!

62. Katierichmond1 says:

Fantastic little gem few minutes walk from Grand Central.. Food so tasty and lots to choose from on the menu. The owner Derik and his staff are always so welcoming. Definitely worth a visit for an amazing Caribbean experience in the heart of Birmingham. Thank you all. .